Friday 14 September 2012

Ferret Envy By Tara Meddaugh (dark comical)

Ferret Envy
The person I'm playing is 'Little lady' all she wants is, To be taking care of, You see she is a jealous lady who wants to be loved she also wants all of the attention she can get. And the only way to do that is to kill the 'Ferret' so she can be loved by a lady called julia.
The little lady is trying to make out that the ferret has ran away to seattle and trying to presuide julia not to go looking for it.
I, myself. Think that the little lady is a tad nuts for the only reason in the monlogue further down the lady starts saying that she could be julia ferret instead. This monologue is a dark comedy one.
I chose this monologue becuase its suits me as I'm you're comedy girl (: I find it funny so I've actually found a monologue that I like. I've impressed myself (:

                                                People on youtube that have done it, enjoy.
 
another one, there so different from each other (:

                              I E-mailed the person who owns this piece of work (Tara meddaugh)

My question:
Hey there, I have a problem. I'm a student you see doing you're monologue 'Ferret envy'
could you please tell me what you're monologue is about? I know its about a ferret been killed or jogged on to seattle :D
But Could you tell me what it's all about? you'd help me alot (:

-shroom

tara's reply: Hi, Shroom. Thanks for your interest in the monologue. In "Ferret Envy", Jyoti has killed her roommate's ferret, in an effort to regain attention from Julia. The ferret, apparently, was taking up too much of Julia's attention and love, and so Jyoti took matters into her own hands. Of course, she is now caught by Julia, and has to explain why she has a bloody knife in her hand. Seeing that Julia does not react positively to this, and is now rather terrified by her, Jyoti is humiliated, ashamed and decides she will join Foozu in the metaphorical "Seattle"--i.e. death. So she plans to kill herself.
So obviously, there is the dark undertone to the whole piece, but it's in a sort of heightened world, so it remains a bit of a dark comedy, with the tragic consequence in the end.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
~Tara

1 comment: